Do you want to create a top-notch website for your work with a splendid design and easy interface? If yes, you must know What is front-end development?
You must know that it takes only 50 milliseconds for users to form a judgment about your website and to analyze whether they’ll stay or leave. It is all the more important for you to strategize, implement and integrate the right design and development for your website.
Everything that you would build on the forefront for your website would require front-end development for website. When you integrate and design the website using the right process for front-end development, you are ensuring that users have an easy read and relevant information on their page.
There must be so many questions in your mind about what is front-end development, how to develop the front end and so much more. To provide an answer to all your questions, here is everything you need to know about front-end development.
What Is Front End Development?
Front-end development refers to the process of the development of a graphical user interface for the website. The process is about the client-side spectrum of the development. In the process of front-end development, the focus is upon what would appear first for the user in their first or initial interaction with the website, browser, or application.
Moreover, when technology advances, there is also an increasing demand for constructing compelling front-end interfaces and final products. The rationale is that every strategist and a seamless experience for the user. When you build the process of these applications, there is a list of languages that are added.
Types of Languages for Front-End Development
The markup language forms the element of HTML tags and is the attribute for markups. It lays the foundation for the view of a website but one must know that HTML is not particularly brilliant. There lies no prowess within it to capture information on its own and what it simply does is scaffold the web pages.
2.CSS:-If HTML forms the element then the CSS or also known as Cascading Style Sheets is what would give the visual appeal to attract the user. In the most simple terms, CSS would guide and command the visual presentation of HTML elements on a page.
It’s the CSS that makes everything that makes the look of the page better or else all you would see on the web page is a white background with a few texts and blue hyperlinks. For instance, if you would load the Facebook website on a bad day, you would only see a couple of black texts and blue links.
The preprocessors carry out the scripting for the languages and expedite the CSS for browsers. It is the processors which easily consolidate the styling and scale it easily for larger websites to suit all target requirements.
These languages lay the base of the front-end development and these must be learned. Simultaneously, these languages need configured tools that would make the work easier.
What Are Front End Development Tools?
A tool for front-end web development is crucial to fasten up the process of web development. It helps to fasten up the process for building website layout and UI more effectively and efficiently. The tools make the work easy and reduce repetitive tasks, which ultimately results in a fast development process.
- Angular JS: It is surely going to impress you with its wide range of features.Angular is based upon an open-source front-end web framework and helps in extending static HTML to dynamic HTML. This makes it more convenient to make a dynamic and rich website. Moreover, the tool also has some performance-enhancing features like Data Binding, Controller, Directives, and Reusable Components.
- CMS: Content Management System or CMS is a traditional and most sought-after tool for website management and development. It helps users in the management, creation, and modification of digital content. It is perfect fit for you to set your own blog. Moreover you can also use it to create a portal to maintain your web presence or to simply tenhance your presence. Some examples of CMS include WordPress, Magento, Drupal among others.
These are some of the many software available out there which makes front-end development easy and hassle-free. However, just knowing the tool is not enough, and simultaneously you must also know about the process for developing front-end development.
What Is The Process For Front End Development?
Firstly we must know that front-end development aims to provide the user with a great experience. It includes a combination of smooth functionality, rapid speed, and increased efficiency. The process should have an alluring practical user interface that engages and manages the audience using a combination of design elements and UX research
It is the front-end development that brings the codes into work and creates a beautiful design and structure. We must note that every website would require a unique front-end process for its development and that would in contrast change with every client. However, there are some similar steps
1. Collecting and Organizing information: In the first stage of the process of front-end development, one should begin with collecting and organizing information and data. This is a significant stage to understand the purpose of building the website. Heavy reliance is upon the questions like what is the goal of the project, how to use the website, and who will use the website
After collecting the information, one should start understanding the requirements and analyze them. When you analyze the information, do make sure to check the functionalities and features.
2. Developing a Prototype: The next step involved in the process is to create a prototype and orient the information. It is an initial sample of the application and displays the basic outline of what the app would look like and how it would work.
A general process is to share the development with the client for their approval and then build the actual application
3. Building the Setup: The stage is essential for building the setup and the requirements should be transferred to the system. It is done through front-end framework tools and development practices.
In this stage, there is the development of user-facing features along with the build-up codes for the future. Furthermore, there is the integration of UI or UX design, followed by optimization of speed and scalability. This helps in smooth and easy development and build-up of the website.
4. Performance Test: The next step involved in the process after the development and build-up, is the performance test. In this stage, the application is deployed for the testing environment and experts test the functionality of the application. With the performance analysis being done, it removes the margin of errors or bugs. The procedure continues until the very end to make sure that the app is stable and works flawlessly.
These are the four fundamental steps that are primary for a successful front-end development of a website. Following these steps ensures that the app is well designed. Moreover, ensures it has a clear interface and high-resolution graphics. This process for front-end development ensures a competent and quality experience for the business and the user.
Why Do You Need Front End Development?
We have talked in detail about what front-end development is, what it includes and what is the process for developing front-end development. While reading about all of this, you might wonder why you need front-end development in the first place.
The process of front-end development ensures the build-up of an intuitive and business-concentric experience for a user. Moreover, the layout with design, programming, functionality, and navigation experience play a significant role in the website. Here are all the reasons why you must have front-end development on the website or application.
1. Helps in driving performance:-It is a known fact that no user likes slow and mellow performing websites. The users would immediately leave and look for alternatives but when you have the front end developed on your websites users will want to stay. Integration of front-end development on the website ensures that there is a faster loading speed which results in visitor engagement, amplification, retention, and further, boosting sales.
2. Helps in the alignment of business interests: The basic purpose of creating a website is to ensure enough traffic on the website and generation of business. When you have a front-end developed on your website, you provide the user with a welcoming experience. The main purpose of creating this experience is to boost the attention level and business in the advanced marketplace.
3. Helps in retention of visitors: A well-designed, optimized and curated website instills trust and confidence in the user. It would lead you to achieve higher traffic on your website along with converting them into leads. Moreover, they are also able to create value for the end-user.
These are all the reasons why you must integrate front-end web development into your website.
Can Front End Development Be Automated?
Now that you know the process, tools, and reasons, you might wonder if front-end development can be automated.
Prior, to pondering upon that question we must also look into the idea that AI and machines have made things easier. It is significant to note that the advancements in the field of Machine learning and AI. They are bringing in much-needed changes to the front-end development process.
Automation is a huge boost for front end development and it would bring in the following changes-
- It will reduce the developers’ stress and workload. Subsequently, also help in improving the productivity of the development process.
- Automation or AI will also help in testimg. With AI we could bring a much-needed change to the industry. It should deployed to find successful testing methods, quick fixing of bugs, thereby, increasing the standard of development.
However, we must also pertinently note that at the end of the day machines need to use the codes already written by the developers. It shall be the developers who will always have to provide the input first. Moreover, front-end development is not just about building UI. There is still a lot of work left to do, communicating with the API, building out the model, and much more which shall always need the expertise of a skilled developer. Thus, AI can enhance performance but never replace developers.
In conclusion, front-end development is crucial for the integration and good performance of a website. It is a must for businesses to deploy good front-end practices to increase traffic.
If you want to start or create front-end development for your website please feel free to contact us. Our experts will be pleased to help you and answer your questions.